What we did in class today
In-class notebook work
- Stuff people think they need to protect teenagers from, but they don’t really
- Stuff people don’t know they should protect teenagers from, but they should
- Parents think teenagers don’t know about _______
- Teachers think teenagers don’t know about _______
The other classes didn't write in their notebooks during class.
First of all, remember this project’s first essential question:
- What is valuable, and/or potentially harmful about reading ATDPTI in class?
Now that you've got that in mind, think about the discussion you had with Jude/John. Based on your discussion, what “data” about yourself, your concerns, and your interests could you include in your essay to help address this question?
TIP: Assume that John and Jude are the audience for your essay - think about what interested and surprised them during your conversation.
In addition to this homework assignment, make sure tomorrow you have access to your "challenge" graphic organizer, and your "ATDPTI Quotes" graphic organizer. If possible, print these out in advance.