What we did in class today
In-class notebook work
- Color-code your CDCs, according to which category you can group them in.
- Come up with "larger points" based on your color-coding
- Come up with a draft thesis statement
2. Put a CDC/LP on the blog
3. Read the article you chose to read in class today (if you weren't in class, just choose one of these to read).
- "In Defense of The Hunger Games"
- "JK Rowling's Ministry of Magic", by Stephen King
- ATDPTI: Letter to Springfield from the American Library Association
- "In Defense of Harry Potter: An Apologia" (clicking this link will download a PDF
4. With your reading group, fill in the "Article 'Scavenger Hunt' graphic organizer template" (you can download it here)
Here's how to do it:
- The person responsible for making the new doc should open the template, and make a copy
- Share the copy with the rest of the group (make sure it is set so everyone can edit)
- Take a look at my prototype to see how to fill in yours.