What we did today in Seminar
What we did today in class
- If you weren't in class today, please fill this in at home.
Next, we paired up and chose vocabulary words that we will be presenting to the rest of the class on the Vocabulary Dates Spreadsheet (see below for more information).
You can see everything we did in this presentation.
Your presentation will consist of two slides. The first slide will have the word at the top, and include clues to the word's meaning, including images and quotes that use the word in context.
- You can see a model of how to do this in this presentation
Make sure you share your slides with Dr. P BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS on the day you're presenting.
- The sooner you share your slides, the better. Share them tonight if you can, even if you aren't presenting for two weeks!
In-class notebook work
- Seminar question (see this presentation, slide 1)
- Notes on the videos we watched in seminar (see same presentation as above, slides 3-4. You don't need to take notes on the kids' books!)
- With your partner, make your vocabulary slides and share them with Dr. P - they must be shared BEFORE class starts on the day you're presenting!
- Read PHOTUS Ch. 3, and write one double entry diary per two pages (9 in total) (for tomorrow, read the first three pages up to “twenty three rebel leaders were hanged”)
- Get a copy of The Fault in Our Stars before Friday, October 25th, or come talk to me.