What we're doing today in class:
Resources and handouts from today's class
- All the pairs and topics on one spreadsheet (for presentations, visit this folder)
- Dr. P's model History Week Presentation
- List of History Week "Essential Questions" with resources
- Blank "Graphic Organizer"
- Presentation rubric - based on our critique of Dr. P's model
- Presentation self-evaluation form (you will fill this in after the test on Friday)
Presentations should be five minutes long
Please share your presentation with me on Google Drive!
Resources for Friday's CDC Test:
- The CDC Test Questions are here
- The CDC Test Graphic Organizer is here (this is what you'll fill in on the test day)
- All presentations that have been shared with me are in these folders
- You can read examples of high-quality CDC Tests from last history week here
Grandpa P's Old School Classics:
- "No Regrets" the first song I ever heard by by Aesop Rock
- "Alone Again Or", the first song I ever heard by Love
- The black and white movies I recommended are Casablanca, The Third Man, Double Indemnity, and His Girl Friday
What to work on at home
- Watch (and take notes on) a relevant video for your topic, if there is one
- Complete your graphic organizer
- Start your presentation slide deck and share it with your partner
- Finish book 2 and post about it on the blog
Dates to Remember
Friday, May 9th - History Week CDC Test
- Also last day to turn in internship blog post or book 1 blog post
Monday, May 12th - Book 2 and Book 3 blog posts due
Wednesday, May 14th - Our Exhibition!
Thursday, May 15th - Field trip!
Friday, May 16th -Field Trip! (Dr. P won't be in school today)