What we're doing this week: our first History Week!
Tuesday: Choose a partner, choose an event, book research (take notes in your notebooks)
Wednesday: Book research and internet research
Thursday: Book research, internet research, rehearse
Friday: 6 minute presentations (3 minutes per partner)
Monday: In-class essay focusing on two presentations
What we did today in class
- Today, each pair chose one of these events to research. On Friday, every pair of students will give a six minute presentation about their event.
- This is the criteria on which presentations will be graded
In-class notebook work
- What happened in this event
- What it has to do with Black people’s civil rights in America
- What was the broad context and proximate cause?
- What was its impact?
- Where was its impact felt?
- Who felt it?
- Does it still affect us today?
- Anything else that you think will be interesting.