What we did today in class:
In-class notebook work
- Free Write (slide 1)
What to Work on Tonight: read & prepare for tomorrow's Socratic Seminars
How do you think growing up with technology has impacted the way you learn/look at life? How do you think it has changed since your parents were teenagers and how will it impact future generations?
- "Growing Up Digital, Wired for Distraction" (New York Times)
- "What the Internet is Doing to our Brains" (Video)
Do you believe President Obama’s plan of action is the best way to approach the threat? What do you think he should do differently?
- Do you believe there are more peaceful ways to solve this problem? Would a more peaceful approach be preferable?
- Do you believe there are more forceful ways to handle the situation? Do you think a more forceful approach would be preferable?
- "Obama, in Speech on ISIS, Promises Sustained Effort to Rout Militants" (New York Times)
- "Isis: The First Terror Group to Build an Islamic State?" (CNN.com)
- You can watch a 4-minute excerpt from Obama's speech here (video)
- You can also watch the full "Isis Speech" (video)