What we did today in seminar
What we did today in class
We also finished the "slavery" KWL chart on the whiteboard, and had mini-socratic seminars at our table (except in period 2, when we had a lockdown drill). You can see everything we did in this presentation.
In-class notebook work
- Seminar question (see slide 1 of presentation)
- Cornell notes on "A History of the World in 100 Objects: Benin Plaque" podcast (you can listen to the podcast here)
- "Opening statement" for mini-socratic seminar (see presentation, slide 6)
Friendly reminder: You are responsible for all notebook work, even if you miss class. If there is anything that is IMPOSSIBLE to do because you weren't in class (for example, writing a reflection on a discussion that took place during class), write the heading for this assignment in your notebook, with a note saying you weren't in class that day.
- "Absolutely Disgraceful?" Essay Final Draft due. Share the googledoc with me, and make sure I am able to comment on it.
Friday, October 18th
- PHOTUS Chapter 3, "Persons of a Mean and Vile Condition" read by today (you can read the chapter online here)