What's happening this week
Tuesday: Last Child in the Woods graffiti discussion, and hiking press event
Wednesday: Reading and Writing Outside (B.Y.O.Blanket)
Thursday: Self-disclosure critique: nature reminiscence
Friday: No school!
This Week's Benchmarks
- 7 double-entry diaries for Last Child… Chapter 8
- Notebook Check: Ducks
- Optional: résumé draft submitted for in-depth critique on Wednesday
- “Blueprint” of image and text for children’s book
- Print-out of first draft of your nature reminiscence
- Honors: Socratic seminar question and readings due
What we did in Seminar (it was an internship seminar)
During seminar students showed their internship emails to teachers for feedback.
Students also started working on their résumés by filling in this graphic organizer.
- Students also started typing their résumé. You can start your résumé by saving a copy of this, and using the formatting for your own résumé.
What we did today in class
I've made a slideshow with some of the visual representations of books that were drawn - it's at the bottom of this post.
Finish reading and annotating Chapter 8 of Last Child in the Woods: "Nature Deficit Disorder and the Restorative Environment", and write seven double entry diaries. Use the following template for your Double-entry diary:
Quote and Page #
This is important because...