What we did today in Seminar:
What we did today in class:
In-class notebook work
- Seminar question - alien science fair (see presentation above for details)
- Exemplar critique notes (see presentation above for details)
- Translation of advice into surfer-speak (see presentation above for details)
- Notes on your own internship blog (see presentation above for details)
Final notes to self:
- Write down all changes you want to make to your piece tonight to make it stronger.
- Finish seminar notebook work (see above)
- Notebook up to date
- Revise your WCOOA piece, print the revised draft
- Book 1 blog comment
- WCOOA final draft
All of This week's benchmarks:
You can see all the assignments that should be in your notebook for this notebook check here. You are responsible for all assignments whether or not you were in class that day.
Here is when each notebook check will be taking place:
- Tuesday: Banana Slugs
- Thursday: Ducks
- Friday: Waves (if you will need your notebook over the weekend, turn it in on Tuesday or Thursday).
Tuesday, April 22nd: Post your second book on the spreadsheet
Friday, April 25th: Book 1 Blog Comment due
Monday, April 21st - First Draft due
- Bring a printout of the draft with a space between each paragraph, like in this example.
Tuesday, April 22nd - Revised draft due
- Bring a printout of the draft today too.
Friday, April 25th - Final draft due before school starts.
- Submit on Google Drive.
- The title of the document should include the words "Final Draft".