Write Club Work
What to work on this weekend
Purpose for reading
We’re reading these articles to make new connections and expand our thinking about “belonging”.
- Remember our essential question: what tribes do you belong to?
How to read/annotate your article
- Find interesting information we could share in the show, and mark it.
- Make connections to ATDPTI & your own life (and mark them).
This weekend's reading
- Article about a man who rescues people from cults (pretty heavy)
- The tricks that brands like Apple have learned from studying cults
Race and identity
- Article about white Californians "choosing" their racial identity (this article's about twenty years old, so I'll be curious to see what you think of it)
- A former white supremacist writes about what drew him to it
- Profile of Rachel Dolezal in the New York Times
- Profile or Rachel Dolezal in Vanity Fair
Teenagers and Isis
- The psychological reasons why an American might join Isis
- "The Children of Isis" (in-depth article about why teenagers join Isis.
- Same Anger Different Ideologies: a radical Muslim and a neo-Nazi