The doc you need to copy for your internship assignment
"I Have a Dream" Seminar
Readings and Videos
- You can find the full text of the "I Have a Dream" speech here
- You can see the glossary I made of vocabulary words in the speech here.
- You can see a video of Martin Luther King giving the speech here.
- You can see John Green's "Crash Course US History" video about the civil rights movement here
- We talked in class about Claudette Colvin, a fifteen year old girl who was thrown off a bus for not moving out of the "white" section a year before Rosa Parks, but who did not become a national figure because she became pregnant just as her case was becoming famous. You can read about her here.
- You can read a great article about the "I Have a Dream" speech here.
- You can find a great article about the Freedom Riders here.
- Finish your list of ten organizations where you could intern
- Post your question following from the “I Have a Dream” speech here
- Bring a kindergarten-appropriate kid's book to read on Tuesday
For all other important dates, check the calendar